Wednesday 20 January 2010

Coptic Martyrdoms in Egypt



I found this on YouTube. Didn't know this had happened! How did I miss this?! Guess the media didn't report on it that well. Wouldn't surprise me!

A Massacre in Nag Hammadi - Muslim Gunmen Killed 9 Christians on Coptic Christmas Night in Egypt.

Massacre of Coptic Christians in Nag Hammadi, Egypt: Nine of the dead in the prime of youth and more than a dozen wounded, including five in the case of danger after automatic weapons opened fire on worshipers leaving the church on the night of Christmas day. Assassination attempt Bishop Cyril bishop of Nag Hammadi and miraculously survived. For more visit www.coptic-news.net The attack took place early Thursday in the town of Nag Hamadi in Qena province, about 40 miles from the famous ancient ruins of Luxor.

Puts the appearance of Our Lady in Egypt beforehand in a new light.

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...