Saturday 5 December 2009

Six Doctors 'Swim the Tigris'



The Daily Mail today reports that...

Six doctors who believe government scientist David Kelly was murdered have launched a ground-breaking legal action to demand the inquest into his death is reopened. They are to publish a hard-hitting report which they claim proves the weapons expert did not commit suicide as the Hutton Report decided.

They have also engaged lawyers to write to Attorney General Baroness Scotland and the coroner Nicholas Gardiner calling for a full re-examination of the circumstances of his death. The doctors are asking for permission to go to the High Court to reopen the inquest on the grounds that it was improperly suspended. If Baroness Scotland rejects that demand, or the court turns them down, their lawyers say they will have grounds to seek judicial review of the decision.

So, dum-de-dum-de-dum...

...If he was murdered, the questions are how, why, who, when and what? What did he know and what was he about to say? Who ordered it, who knew about it and who acquiesced? When was it decided that he needed to be silenced and why...? Well, that's the eternal question, isn't it? But had he lived, perhaps he would have said something about the non-existence of weapons of mass obstruction to war. Many people have been 'crossing the Tigris' since the Iraq war, suggesting that the river just gets murkier, darker and more sinister, the more you try and discover the truth of the events leading up to the dodgiest war in living memory. Tony Blair seems to be laying low at the moment. That's probably for the best...

2 comments:

Mark D. said...

Great blog! I've just run across it. I enjoy your posts. I've got a link to you posted on my blogroll -- if you feel so inclined, might you link to me as well? If not, that's ok -- I'll keep you posted and I'll keep reading!

Thanks so much for sharing your perspective on things...

Physiocrat said...

I thought everyone knew Kelly was bumped off. That is the way the Brits work.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...