Saturday 13 March 2010

'Miraculous' Burnt Frying Pan



An image of Jesus has appeared in burned bacon fat at the bottom of a frying pan, which is genuinely impressive and quite beautiful...

According to The Telegraph, 'Toby Elles, 22, made the discovery after burning the food when he fell asleep while cooking.' Speaking of the phenomenom, Mr Elles said, "I'm not going to scrub it clean though, just in case I get struck by lightning, it's going to take pride of place on a wall instead."

Here is some smoked haddock, leek and potato chowder my fiance and I just made for lunch. If you look very carefully...

4 comments:

pelerin said...

I have burnt many saucepans in my time - never had anything like this on them though. I am afraid I am a sceptic when it comes to images of Christ or Our Lady on toast, in frying pans, or as recently on a lid of marmite.

This one is so like certain traditional artistic images that I am convinced it is faked. But as I said I am very sceptical about these especially when the owners run to the newspapers with their story. I think if it happened to my frying pan or saucepan toast or whatever I would keep it to myself!

Anonymous said...

Laurence,

I hope you meant to write fiancee.

Bryan

The Bones said...

Err...yes.

me said...

I believe it....sorry, but I do.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...