Friday, 17 April 2009
Top 10 Tips for Traditonal, TLM-type Catholics
1. If anyone asks you anything about your orientation, reply, "East! Isn't it obvious!?"
2. When you are shopping in Sainsbury's and you bump into someone else's trolley by accident say, "Mea culpa, mea culpa, no, I insist, mea maxima culpa."
3. When someone says "Good morning", reply, "Et cum spirtu tuo."
4. Fashion from your lace curtains a lacy number for your parish priest if he has not already purchased lace to go underneath his sacred vestments.
5. You are desirous that you and the whole congregation should receive Our Lord on knees and on the tongue. In a bid to ensure that the Holy Father's desire to see the Blessed Sacrament venerated is truly upheld, deliberately trip up just as you reach the front of the communion queue, exclaiming that, "This health and safety atrocity would not have occured if there were altar rails and we were all kneeling!" Threaten to sue your parish Church for damages, showing them your sprained ankle, if your initial outburst goes unheeded.
6. You are at Mass and some liberal hippies are singing 'Shine, Jesus, Shine' dragging the whole congregation into irreverent, sickening crimes against music, God and all of humanity. It's time to send in the heavies. Without causing too much of a scene, you and your traddie buddies bundle the perpetrators into the sacristy, tie them up and put duck tape over their mouths. Then dusting yourselves down, you calmly walk over to where they stood and start singing the 'Te Deum' to the Glory of God, knowing that what you have done has pleased God greatly. Show mercy to the hippies, unbind them and tell them that Gregorian Chant practise will start next Tuesday at 7.30 pm. To the men, tell them that if they don't go along with it, that pretty soon they'll, "all be alto's."
7. You are at Church and Mass is being said in the Novus Ordu. Although you are not so militant as to not appreciate Mass being said in both forms, the congregation are piping up too much and being too loud both in their hymn singing and vocal participation. Irreverance and impiety abounds. Go around the Church with your index finger on your lip, loudly saying, "Shhhhhhh! Shhhhhhh! Can't you see, I'm trying to pray here! Honestly..."
8. Your parish priest's sacred vestments are new and ghastily modern, and the priest hasn't yet realised that antique, second-hand sacred vestments are better, more beautiful and reflective of the liturgy and tradition of Holy Mother Church. By stealth, over a process of weeks, introduce a 4-litre glass jar of moths into the sacristy cupboard, and having achieved their holy mission of 'Operation Unworthy Vestment Decimation,' post an anonymously gifted voucher for ten thousand pounds for a renowned Italian supplier of sacred vestments, preferably a supplier used by the Holy Father himself.
9. Copy a key to the Church and gain access to it in the dead of night, with a 100-strong army of men wishing to re-orientate the entire Church to reflect Mass in the Extraordinary Form. Move the Altar back to its rightful place, so it is awkward for the priest not to celebrate 'ad orientem', address the need for the placement of hastily gathered relics on the Altar, a minimum of twenty-five statues of holy saints around the Church and the replacement of any English signs with the proper Latin translation, even the signs for votive candles, Peter's Pence and St Anthony's Poor. If you have enough men, even the most unspeakably vulgar 1960s interior can be restored to its true gothic heritage in just one night of blood, sweat and tears. The priest, though shocked at first, will thank you in a few weeks time, and will be saying, 'Dominus vobiscum' and 'ora pro nobis' before you can say 'unam, sanctam Catholicam, et apostolicam ecclesliam.'
10. At the Sign of Peace, say 'Pax Christi' to those around you as quickly as you can, while intimating to all around you that you have a hideous, highly contagious disease that can only be caught by the exchange of shakes of the hand and gestures of communal warmth, affection and spiritual reconcilation. Then get down on your knees and start praying fervently...in Latin!
Virus normalcy, the so-called 'new normal', is for Christians almost certainly more abhorrent than it is for people of other reli...
YouTube says there are copyright issues in 267 countries. So I have uploaded it to Vimeo as well. Let me know if it doesn't play in y...
PLEASE NOTE:THE POPE FRANCIS LITTLE BOOK OF INSULTS CAN NOW BE READ AT ITS OWN WEBSITE, click link below: THE POPE FRANCIS LI...
Over the years on this blog I have offered some commentary on Pope Francis and his bizarre, scandalous and increasingly diabolical pontif...