Tuesday 18 June 2013

Why Seven Times Seventy Seven?

St Peter: "But why must I forgive my brother seven times seventy seven times, Lord?"

Our Lord: "Because this is the average number of liturgical abuses that will take place during the papal Masses of the twenty first century."

Lord, forgive me!

His Holiness Pope Francis has, however called upon us to be 'revolutionaries' in a very stirring homily, changing 'one heart at a time'.

I really do like this homily. Here is an excerpt:

“In the Gospel, there’s the beautiful passage about the shepherd who realizes that one of his sheep is missing and he leaves the 99 to go out and find the one,” Pope Francis said. “But, brothers and sisters, we have only one. We’re missing 99! We must go out and find them.” 

Avanti! Avanti!

1 comment:

umblepie said...

Like it, very apt.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...