Happy St Francis' Day
Top ten tips on celebrating St Francis Day:
1. Pour ash on your head and go around saying, "I, a breviary."
2. Sell your possessions and give the money to the poor.
3. Greet everyone you meet with a profound sense of fraternal love.
4. Deliberately get injured by someone and then forgive them in all holy charity.
5. Preach the Gospel everywhere you go, if necessary use words.
6. Go into the wilderness and befriend packs of wolves.
7. Go up to your Bishop and present yourself naked and allow him to clothe you in some bed linen.
8. Weep heartily on account of your sins.
9. Walk barefoot.
10. Ask one of your friends to stand on your face in mud out of the pure motivation of humbling yourself in the sight of God and Man.
St Francis, the giant Saint of the Church, the Church honours you today because you were wonderful and God made you very, very holy!