Friday 25 November 2011

Hold the Front Page!

Apparently, The Catholic Herald has covered my Summorum Pontificum song on its front page. On their website I can just make out the words, 'Blogger Hails Latin Mass on Folk Guitar'. Is it a folk guitar? I thought it was an acoustic guitar but then what does it matter? It's still an instrument from the pits of Hades!

Long live His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI, gloriously reigning.

Gloria Patri et Filio et Spiritui Sancto, sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper in saecular saeculorum. Amen.

I won't let it go to my head... "Look everybody!"

Anyway, in other news, Fr Gabriel Amorth has suggested that the Harry Potter books and yoga are about as good and healthy for us spiritually as rock and pop music. He has a point. The Potter books encourage children to dabble in witchcraft and the occult. Witchcraft and the occult are about seeking power over people, time and places through mediums and spirits. Yoga teaches people that they are on the road to 'enlightenment' through the self when in fact the only light of the World is Lumen Christi.

Try telling that to Telegraph readers though.

I just got back home from St Mary Magdalen's Catechism Evening. Hoards of the Catholic press were camped outside my front door. Flippin' media! I'm going on that Leveson inquiry next week. Why don't they leave me in peace!?

"Mr England," they said, "give us your thoughts on the Eurozone crisis?!"

Obviously, I replied, "When the Eurozone returns to Our Lady, then Our Lady will return to the Eurozone!" 

Ah, the press lapped it up. Lapped it up, they did.

7 comments:

On the side of the angels said...

Never been in print - dare say I never will be; bloody proud of you but I'm jealous x

epsilon said...

Fantastic, Lawrence - see you are an instrument of faith, hope, light and joy! Well done - keep on spread the Good News:)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant. Well done you. And a great bit of publicity for the new 9.00 Mass.

A Reluctant Sinner said...

Yes you're there, lol.

Congratulations again!

I am just writing a little post about it now :-)

D

PS - I agree with Fr Tim Finigan who's quoted in the piece, saying the song "will be sung in the pubs and clubs up and down the land after traditional Masses and other traddie events"!

Left-footer said...

Magnificent - you are a real Catholic voice!

Congratulations - time you got yourself an agent.

Anonymous said...

I've started a campaign.... Now you just need to put it on itunes.

http://stmarymagdalenchoir.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/laurence-for-christmas-no-1/

The Bones said...

"And remember kids, don't do drugs or botox."

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...