Sunday 15 May 2011

BBC 'Sunday Worship' at Leeds Cathedral

Photo courtesy of Brother Lawrence Lew OP
The beauty of good liturgy is that it can sometimes be heard on the radio. Today, BBC Radio 4 presented 'Sunday Worship' from Leeds Cathedral and I have to say the latin polyphony mass setting sounded rather beautiful. Very encouraging.

According to the BBC...

Mass for Vocations Sunday live from Leeds Cathedral. Celebrant: The Rev Mgr Philip Moger (Dean); Homily: The Rev Paul Grogan (Diocesan Vocations Director); Director of Music: Benjamin Saunders; Organist and Assistant Director of Music: Christopher McElroy. Producer: Mark O'Brien. The outstanding choir of Leeds Cathedral sings This Joyful Eastertide, The King of Love my Shepherd is, Be Thou my Vision, and a Mass setting by Monteverdi.

Listen here.




.

1 comment:

GS said...

Yes. Whatever Mark O'Brien chooses to produce is always thoughtful, sensitive and excellent.
I have expressed my pleasure to the BBC for its coverage of this Mass. I'm sure they will appreciate your post.
Regards.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...