Saturday 3 July 2010

Did You Know?

According to Wikipedia...

Padre Pio, or rather St Pio of Pietrelcina, 'is one of only two saints who were priests living after the Second Vatican Council; the other being Saint Josemaria Escriva.

Both priests had permission from the Pope to offer the Traditional Latin Mass without any of the liturgical reforms that stemmed from the Council.'

"After my death I will do more. My real mission will begin after my death." ~ St Pio of Pietrelcina

This poor sinner apologises for putting a construction on your words, but please, keep up the good work, St Pio! St Pio promised that because of his sufferings in this life he would be very close to the Throne of God in the next. He loved the Latin Mass, loved it he did, so we should bombard him with prayers that it is celebrated more widely.

Correction: The mission of St Pio was the salvation of souls.  But he still loved the Latin Mass!

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...