Tuesday, 24 February 2009
Top 10 Things to Give up for Lent in a Recession
1. Your house
2. Your car
3. Your job
4. Holidays abroad
5. Nice meals out
6. The friendship of high society
7. Hopes of a promotion
8. Being a shareholder
9. Aspirations of starting a small business
10. Admiration for the efficiency of the UK banking industry
Each wordly renunciation is offset by a spiritual good however. So, therefore the top 10 things to take up during Lent in a recession are:
1. A profound and ongoing relationship with Lady Poverty
3. Busking/Street Entertainment
4. Volunteering/Soup Runs
5. Shopping at Aldi/Lidl
6. Solidarity with the homeless and destitute
7. Fasting (we'll have no choice when hyperinflation hits)
8. Heartfelt, prayerful forgiveness of the Government/financial sector for the economic crisis
9. An eagerness not to blame foreigners or resort to xenophobia and to teach others the same
10. Daily Mass and giving more of your time to the local parish church
I have in the past had some experience of abusive relationships. They are profoundly painful even when you love the person involved. It ...
Over the years on this blog I have offered some commentary on Pope Francis and his bizarre, scandalous and increasingly diabolical pontif...
YouTube says there are copyright issues in 267 countries. So I have uploaded it to Vimeo as well. Let me know if it doesn't play in y...
PLEASE NOTE:THE POPE FRANCIS LITTLE BOOK OF INSULTS CAN NOW BE READ AT ITS OWN WEBSITE, click link below: THE POPE FRANCIS LI...