Friday 20 February 2009

Change in the Law on Photography



This video was made before the change in the law under the Terrorism Act, which now means you cannot photograph the police, even, we presume if they're kicking the proverbial out of a peaceful protester, arresting a beggar or caught taking cocaine.

The Daily Mirror in November 2008 posted this video of police abuse of power. Clearly, this kind of video footage doesn't reflect that well on the UK Police force. Perhaps, this is one reason why they don't want to be filmed...This was a case of 'mistaken identitiy'. Oh that's alright then, because obviously the 'right man' deserved a good hiding at the hands of the boys in blue. Instead they picked on a war hero who'd served for this country on an ordinary night out in the town centre.

Well, at least, thank God, this will mean the end of those awful 'Police, Camera, Action' programmes, where a film crew follow the police around on a night on the beat in St Albans town centre, while viewers at home cheer the good cops on as they arrest a drunk for having the temerity to swear at them when they don't respond to police 'diplomacy', and then sling them in the cells for a night.

I remember the time a friend and I were once standing outside a nightclub and the bouncer asked us to smoke further away from the entrance of the club. There was nobody else there, partially I expect because it was the first weekend of the smoking ban. I think I sarcastically said, "Yes, you're right, I mean, look at the queue of people trying to get in." We proceeded to have something of an argument and then my friend and I were thrown out of the club. I considered it a grave injustice and said to him something like, "You pray? Well I do! I'm going to pray for you you f***!"

Joe Pesci eat your heart out. That's as close to getting in trouble with authority as I've come.

3 comments:

Physiocrat said...

They can't enforce it anyway, it is easy to take a photo whilst pretending to be making a phone call on one's mobile. What a bunch of idiots is running Britain.

Physiocrat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Physiocrat said...

That guy made a mistake when the Community Support Officers came on him. He should have insisted they call the police, or called them himself and asked to be arrested + like "are you going to call the police or shall I?" They would have backed off if only to avoid a load of form-filling. It is not a good idea to argue with idiots like that. I had a similar thing with a young idiot last year when I was picking up firewood on the beach.

Another reason to leave the country if possible, it is going to collapse in chaos anyway.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...