Friday 27 February 2009

Just How Equal Are Equal Opportunities?



And why is any of the above information really of importance to applying for a job? This one is quite original, I must say, because even the gender identity section has an option for total ambiguity. I mean, on a grand scale, if sexuality, age, ethnicity and disability are not barriers to work and everybody is being treated equally on their merits for a job, then there is really no need for a form. I mean, you look at this form and just think, 'For Goodness sake! I'm a human being!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curious to see that Church of Scotland comes before Roman Catholic. Then I noticed 'Scottish' and 'other British' which amused me, so it is obviously a Scottish form.

It is good to see that each section has a 'I don't want to answer this question'. Serves them right if everyone ticked this box rendering the form useless.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...