Wednesday 23 July 2014

Taking Sides

I don't know whether I have positioned the 'nun' sign very well. I hope Our Lady of Fatima isn't offended.

Pray for our brethen - what remains of them - in Iraq as a new Christian Holocaust takes shape. As for the Holy Land, what a living nightmare that must be to be living in that appalling state of affairs. Words do not do justice to the slaughter and evil taking place in Israel, Gaza and Iraq.

I keep seeing people taking sides on my Facebook page feed, well I don't see winners, only victims and perpetrators on both sides of horrendous atrocities and carnage, deaths born mostly - overwhelmingly - by the Palestinian people. I don't say that to make a political point but to state a fact. Presumably, among the Palestinian dead are also Christians as well as Muslims.

Regardless, we are surely now praying for the conversion of the Jews and Muslims to the Faith of Christ, or are we no longer allowed to do that? We have tried planting olive trees and it would appear that was not entirely successful, I guess because those who reject Christ (that will be Jews and Muslims) seek retribution and vengeance to further their cause while Christians in Iraq go to the gallows blessing their persecutors, holding fast to the Faith that will bring them eternal joy, like lambs to the slaughter. I'd love to hear powerful and influential Jews and Muslims denounce the Christian holocaust taking place in Iraq but I guess they are too busy at the moment, but then, so are our own politicians and media. I wonder why. We were so quick to 'bring freedom from tyranny' to Iraq. I guess that whole humanitarian wars to uphold 'human rights' thing was a bit of a smokescreen after all.

All this and a general feeling that the Church is entering into 'apostasy mode'. All we can do is fall on our knees and pray to Jesus and Mary that the 'era of peace' Our Lady promised may come and come soon, so that harmony she promised may descend on a believing mankind and the Church may enjoy the liberty and peace promised by Our Lady of Fatima. The true victory will belong to Her Son and to those who long for His coming. Come, Lord Jesus! If You return during this particular period in the Church, Lord, if we are faithful, we will be very, very happy to see You! Us and Your Pope!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post.
Although in the ndwchurch, passing for conversion of Jews, Muslims, and heretics is no longer needed since they will find salvation where they are.. yikes

Our Lady of Good Success-pray for us. said...

Happily, the Victory is already won. It's simply up to us to cleave to Christ Eternal King, Victor over sin and death. Sounds simple, eh.

"Regardless, we are surely now praying for the conversion of the Jews and Muslims to the Faith of Christ, or are we no longer allowed to do that?" Thanks for reminding me. Sometimes I tend to become a bystander, a witness who forgets to participate in the reconciliation of all things to Christ, at least through prayer. p.s. and prayer doesn't leave us at a safe distance, quite the opposite, as soon as one begins praying for others the 'agony in the garden' gets shared out a bit.

As for the 'smokescreen', G.K.Chesterton once wrote,
"Journalism is a false picture of the world, thrown upon a lighted screen in a darkened room so that the real world is not seen and the unreal world is seen…. We live under secret government, conducted by a secret process called Publicity." I remember learning about 'problem reaction solution in Politics 100.' Thing is the longterm plans of those who employ, 'p-r-s', can run into centuries.

ps.118.121-124 I have done judgment and justice: give me not up to them that slander me. Uphold thy servant unto good: let not the proud calumniate me. My eyes have fainted after thy salvation: and for the word of thy justice.  Deal with thy servant according to thy mercy: and teach me thy justifications. I am thy servant: give me understanding that I may know thy testimonies.

Anonymous said...

Revelations 10 :6
"And he swore by him who lives for ever and ever, who created the heavens and all that is in them, the earth and all that is in it, and the sea and all that is in it, and said, "There will be no more delay!"

Unknown said...

You can pray for Muslims to convert if you like, but the one little paragraph in the latest catechism and which quotes verbatim from Vatican 2 ---states that God's plan of salvation is also extended to Muslims who worship the one true God . Somebody should read that Vat 2 passage to all the poor Christians being slaughtered in Iraq. So according to Vat 2 they can convert to Islam, save their necks and still get salvation.

Getting more and more doubtful of Vat 2.

And as to Gaza , Hamas terrorists love death so using human shields accounts for at least some of the disparity in death tolls.

Seattle K

Unknown said...

P. S. Here's the one paragraph in the catechism that I mentioned:
841 The Church's relationship with the Muslims. "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."


Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/mark-shea/it-turns-out-theres-only-one-paragraph-in-the-whole-catechism-about-islam/#ixzz38JVDOzC8

Our Lady of Good Success-pray for us. said...

@Seattle K. Creepy. Madness. This sort of stuff is why I placed the ccc of jpii in the useful idiots file a wee ways back. As one person put it the new ecumenism has become Noahidalism. It's as if the Word Incarnate and Holy Ghost Who proceeds thereof is just an unfortunate obstacle to Abrahamism. What they ignore is that Abraham needed Christ save him from limbo - all the saints whom Christ freed when He harrowed hell are the first few generations of 'Israel'. The Israel of the years of our Lord, are those who have not turned away from the fulness of revelation. For a so-called 'Peter' to pervert the mission of Christ and make the claim that deniers of Christ will be able to claim that same Christ whom they denied 'on the last day' is unremarkable father-of-lies nonsense.

Our Lady of Good Success-pray for us. said...

p.s. Christ says, 'I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life...before Abraham was, I AM.' But as we are taught by the Noahidalists, Abraham (who would abhor the lie) is rendered superior to Christ - never mind that Melchisedech(king of righteousness), King of Salem (of peace), priest of the most high God, was 'like the Son of God (not yet Incarnate)...and continueth a Priest forever', and blessed Abraham ministering to him bread and wine. The rubbish put forth by so-called successors of Peter when it comes to those who build their beliefs and lives upon the denial of Christ is against, not for, the Mission of Christ, and therefore against Christ.

Long-Skirts said...

NAZARENE

“Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword” Matthew 10:34
“Can anything good come from Nazareth?” John 1:46

Magnified by His mix
Birthed Him for the crucifix
I … am Nazarene!

My soul, my mind
My womb blood-lined
I … am Nazarene!

My wounds, my mars
My scrapes, my scars
I … am Nazarene!

Most favored daughter
Drank death like water
I … am Nazarene!

The Tradition threat
Many sons we’ve beget
I … am Nazarene!

We stand at the cross
We’re used to blood loss
I … am Nazarene!

Greater love til the end
We will lay for our Friend
I … am Nazarene!

Many lives you demean
At, this, your war scene
I … am Nazarene!

But peace, though, not seen
His sword strikes with sheen
Contradiction His mean …
Nazarene!!

Unknown said...

Thought worthy comments by the esteemed Viterbo. Interesting point about Abraham needing Christ to free him from Limbo.


Seattle K

TLM said...

Thanks for the Catechism reference, Unknown. (841...The Church's relationship to the Muslims) Somehow I had missed it. This is of course the JPll Catechism. It directly contradicts the very words of Jesus:
"No one comes to the Father, but through me." Jesus does not confound or confuse......that would be Satan.

Unknown said...

You're welcome TLM. I'm not unknown---I am Seattle Kim.

Our Lady of Good Success-pray for us. said...

@Seattle K. Thanks for the 'esteemed'. I would have to, in all honesty, confess myself esteemed only in my utter confusion in trying to reconcile new Catholicism with Old Catholicism. It makes sense, however, if I just go, VII instituted a new religion, that draws, in part, upon the Traditions of Roman Catholicism, but uses freemasonic universalism and protestantism as its foundatons proper in matters of doctrine, discipline and liturgy. When I view things this way, it starts making sense again. Like the song goes, one of these things is not like the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbWs1oakDME

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...