Thursday 14 April 2011

Guild of Catholic Bloggers

William Oddie has today posted on his Herald blog, on the idea, proposed by another blogger, A Reluctant Sinner, to form a 'Guild of Catholic Bloggers'.

It is a great idea, but I must admit I have this wickedly fantastical notion in my mind that the first meeting would be like that scene in 'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back', when Lando Calrissian takes the rebel alliance in on that moon base only to hand them over to Darth Vader who is waiting for them offering them scones and cream tea.

That's what I thought about the Rome blognic, where loads of Catholic bloggers are invited, only to be confronted by a stern faced Cardinal Sodano of greasing the wheels for Marcel Maciel infamy and an even less amused Cardinal Schonborn, still reeling from the worldwide viewed footage of that clown youth Mass in Vienna. "Turn back everyone! It's a trap!" the bloggers cry, but it is too late! All the bloggers are rounded up and then turned into 'carbonite' by Cardinal Sodano who is now dressed as Bobba Fett, the bounty hunter.

I am, of course, joking. It is a great idea. The meeting is in the Hinsley Room next to Westminster Cathedral on the 7th of May from 2 - 4pm. Wait! It's a trap set by Mgr Curry! We're going to get prodded to death!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Hilarious, Laurence!

A Reluctant Sinner said...

LOL

I must admit I've never watched Star Wars, but your vivid way of writing brought a wonderful scene to mind!

A part of me was wondering whether or not to invite Abp Nichols, though I doubt he'd attend!

Of course, you are most welcome to come along... Tea and biscuits on me.

Mark said...

Laurence.
The Vatican conference may become an annual event so there is always another year.
Your blog has moments of real spirituality. Please do not be sullied by the kind of invective at present circulating or association with untried local initiatives which may prove ephemeral and in error.
Blessings

georgem said...

Mustn't judge before the event. If you don't go you won't know.
Mind you, if there's a threat of an appearance by a certain person it would be a good idea to take the seat nearest the door.
As for your post - you are awful, but I like you.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...