Thursday 30 July 2009

Congrats to Fr Tim Finigan on Your Jubilee

Yes! I was there too and in esteemed company! Mulier Fortis, Fr Ray Blake, Fr John Zuhlsdorf of WTDPRS fame and many other Catho-bloggers turned up to Fr Tim's Jubilee Mass. It was superb, a beautiful Mass and incredible grub with a choir singing polyphony. I sneaked a desert into Fr Richard Biggerstaff's car on the way home and had to have a peppermint tea when I returned to Brighton to soothe the stomach ache. It was a night of indulgence on two counts since I believe I was in receipt of a plenary indulgence by merit of the fact I attended Mass at this Jubilee. Thanks be to God! I don't know why, but it has something, I think, to do with the fact it is the Year for Priests. What a year it is for some of these wonderful priests God has given us who are celebrating 25 years since their ordination! We are truly blessed to have these Priests.



I was glad to see there were more gladioli than you could shake a stick at in the splendidly large, white tent erected to house all the attendees. Look, there's me in the tweed jacket talking to a very charming and fine man called Matthew who has just got married. I believe this was the point when I discovered he was a musician, teaching and playing piano. "Oh," I said, "You're a proper musician!" He was lovely and what is more, is a little Brother of the Oratory in London. So we had a good chat about that. Look! The tall priest is Rev Dr Alcuin Reid of liturgical splendour fame! Everyone there was very effusive about Fr Tim. He is well-loved by his parish and deservedly so. He made a cracking speech afterwards and raised a toast to the Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI, who he rightly pointed out as the man who has made the celebration of the Traditional Latin Mass not just a possibility, but something to be encouraged to the Church. Congratulations once more, Fr Tim. May your ministry continue to fruit, flower and blossom for many years to come!

2 comments:

Mulier Fortis said...

It was great to see you, if only briefly, and my one regret is that I didn't manage to talk to everyone I wanted to catch up with!!

Sorry to hear you had tummy ache... I hope that wasn't a reflection on the catering!?
;-P

The Bones said...

No, catering was fantastic! Eyes bigger than my belly!

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...