Wednesday 26 August 2015

Pray for a Dying Priest

I ask readers to pray tonight for Fr Norman Wrigley of the Archdiocese of Westminster, the holy, kind, gentle, and very much-loved Priest of the Archdiocese who so exuded charity, love for Christ and His Church, and his brethren, as well as a rare sincerity and simplicity of heart and manner that I decided I wanted to become a Catholic more or less immediately.

I have tonight heard that he is dying. May the Lord Jesus strengthen his servant and Our Blessed Lady intercede for him before the Throne of her Divine Son. May he receive the crown of life everlasting.

Pray for him.

Update: Please pray for the repose of the soul of Fr Norman Wrigley. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

4 comments:

Long-Skirts said...

A
PRIEST’S
HANDS

Your hand I'd kiss
But not for this
The mundane games
Men play.

Your hand I'd kiss
For doing this
Absolve my sins
Away.

Your hand I'd kiss
But not for this
That any man
Can do.

Your hand I'd kiss
For doing this
God's strong, His choice
The few.

Your hand I'd kiss
But not for this
Like any
Virile male.

Your hand I'd kiss
For doing this
Place Him between
Lips pale.

Your hand I'd kiss
But not for this
Your strength
Exudes each pore.

Your hand I'd kiss
An alter Christus -
Your prayers
I do implore.

SACERDOS!!

Our Lady of Good Success-pray for us. said...

If we die in the Faith: "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away." Revelation 21:4
-
I hope he had a 'traditionally' faithful funeral rite. And that Masses by traditional priests are offered for him. The rest...is silence.

Liam Ronan said...

God rest his soul. I have prayed for him, Bones, and will continue to do so.

May I prayerfully and heartily recommend the Rorate Caeli Purgatorial Society to your readership?

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2015/08/reminder-rorate-caeli-purgatorial.html

God bless you.

Mater mari said...

Fr Norman will *never* be forgotten in this household...

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...