Monday 14 August 2017

Anthony and Ivereigh



Well, its the silly season so I thought I'd slip another song in, and just thought, 'I know I should give the poor guy a break and he has apologised, but what the hey, I think I'll just put it out there anyway.' Neglecting the better instincts of prudence and conscience, I've decided to run with the song, 'Anthony and Ivereigh'. And here at The Crushed Bones, I don't have an editor to tell me off and instruct me on editorial policy or make me think again.

My falsetto is pretty terrible. My only hope is that it adds some comic value to this song and it is still listenable. Poor Austen. Credit to him for apologising though. When's Fr Antonio Spadaro S.J going to do the noble thing? It is the Vigil of the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. To one and all, I wish a very happy Feast. Her Immaculate Heart will triumph.



God speed your heart's triumph, O Immaculate Queen, 
for thou alone has destroyed all the heresies of the entire world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd run w/this too. Not sure how these occur to you -- but another great job!

susan said...

Bravo, once again Mr. Bones. I think this is second only to the great and classic "That's Amoris", especially the last 40 seconds....I laughed out loud. And why yes, your falsetto wasssss......well....ummmm......it certainly added to the comic edge.

susan said...

....OK, I forgot how uproariously OUTSTANDING was "At the Cocco". THAT might be your best.....no, wait, it's Amoris, no.....still Cocco, but then again, Anthony and Ivereigh was really good......but......

Mary Kay said...

Susan, it is SO hard to choose a favorite. The hits just keep coming! Thank you, Mr. Bones, for another entertaining musical interlude. Do you have a world tour in the future?

Anonymous said...

No, it's impossible to choose a favorite......yes, the song is pretty good, the falsetto, well, maybe Michael Jackson was better. :)). Thanks, Mr. Bones.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...