Sunday 17 May 2009

Guardian 'Bilderberg' Reporter Tells of Intimidation

Bilderberg meeting in Athens

"This man is following me. It's true. I'm not imagining things." Photograph: Charlie Skelton

Charlie Skelton of The Guardian tells of his ordeal in trying to cover events in Athens, where the meeting of influential global leaders in politics, finance, the media and industry meet to discuss 'global affairs'.

Courtesy of The Guardian

I need to go back a day and tell you exactly how I came to be in an Athens metro station at 8am, grappling with two strange men, struggling and yelling: "Help me somebody! Security! Please! Someone get security! Get the police!" My voice still hurts. My brain is ready to explode.

But that is today. Yesterday divides in half: the half where I flee the Bilderberg resort, too scared and strung out to remain, and the half when I have to bundle myself in a random cab and drive to the British Embassy for my own safety.

[For full article click here...]

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...