Saturday 30 May 2009

Horticultural Post



I was stunned to see so many butterflies at my parents garden the other day. I know this is a Catho-blog, but I thought peeps would like to know how to get these beautiful butterflies into their garden. While the Gospel should be preached in season and out of season - remember - this is the growing season! I mean, if Damian Thompson can keep harping on about Haydn, I see no reason why I can't introduce some wildlife into my blog.

People say that Buddleja is the best plant for getting wildlife and butterflies into your garden. I recently took a trip over to my parents house and they showed me the Everlasting Wallflower, latin name, Vanessa cardui.

Tens of painted lady butterflies are now swarming into my parents garden, because they absolutely adore this plant. If you like butterflies in your garden, get it! You won't regret it!

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...