Sunday 3 May 2009

2009 Cannonball Catholic Blog Awards



Fame! I wanna live forever! I wanna learn how to blog! Fame!

My blog has been nominated in the 'Best Armchair Theologian' and 'Snarkiest Catholic Blog' categories of the 2009 Cannonball Catholic Blog Awards.

Don't worry, I won't let the prestige of being nominated for this award go to my head...Nope, it won't change me. Oh no...

Mwah-hah-hah-hah-Mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

Anyway, should I emerge victorious, I would like to thank God...and that's it. Oh, and Our Blessed Mother, the Virgin Mary, St Jude, my holy patron St Lawrence (Put another shrimp on the barby for me, Bro...if I ever make it to your place!), St Francis of Assisi and St Clare of Assisi, St Valentine and all you Saints and Angels. To anyone I've left out or forgotten, forgive me. I really couldn't have done it without you. You guys are great. You really supported me with your prayers and...

Ahem...Click here for the equivalent of the Catholic Blogosphere Directory 2009. Very comprehensive and good to have access to hundreds of blogs all 'under one roof' so to speak.

Right...now let's get back to plotting cunning plans to sabotage Dr Death's suicide workshops...Mwah-hah-hah-hah-Mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

1 comment:

pelerin said...

Well done Laurence for being nominated. Your fame is spreading -I imagine this is American?
I do like the categories - Potpourri of Popery; More Catholic than the Pope etc. And the Susan Boyle award for ability to surprise!
It is too late to vote now but I see that you have written your acceptance speech already. Reminded me of one of the talks by the American Archbishop Fulton Sheen (on Youtube now) where he thanks his writers Matthew, Mark, Luke and John!

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...