Monday 25 May 2009

Soz Moz I Do Give a Toz, but I Can't Afford Your Gigz



"So who is rich and who is poor, I cannot say...but you've got everything now."

A friend of mine just emailed me to ask if I wanted to go see Morrissey on Friday. Tickets were £40 he said. Shame, I can't go. I don't have £40. Nor the extra £20 it would cost to get up to London. That's £60 plus another £10 for food and fags. Plus another £10-20 for a few beers or a round for my friends. That's about £70-80 to go see Morrissey. Morrissey is rich. It's a shame that he has priced so many of his fans out of the market. I expect some will steal hubcaps in order to make it to see him. I'll go to the Latin Mass instead and hope I see him live one day in Heaven. I can't afford to see him on Earth. Frankly, it was the poor in Manchester who got him where he is now, who went to his first gigs. It's a disgrace the poor can't see him live now, but hey, that's what fame does to people I guess. It has removed him from his roots. Perhaps that was what he wanted. Sad.



"A double bed and a stalwart lover for sure...these are the riches of the poor."

1 comment:

anthony said...

Have you forgiven Jesus, I mean, Morrissey?

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...