Sunday 31 May 2009

"I don't know, it's all me, me me..."



"Everybody, look at me! This art is so me. It is all about me."

"But hang on!" I hear you say, "Suffering is redemptive! Out of emotional and spiritual pain and suffering can come art of a spectacular nature and from torture and pain emerge Truth, Love, Beauty, O Redemption!"

Well, it used to. Not with this lady it doesn't. In the good old days people believed that art was Art, and that God was using the artist...the artist was merely a channel, the mortal hand in the Hand of the Almighty God...

Art like Emin's speaks only of the spiritual sickness and malaise of the modern World, the World which has lost a sense of the Divine. This is modernity, people! Haven't we progressed!? Still, notice that Christ still gets a look in and is mentioned in her piece.

However, it is still bollocks. For real art, see the post below!

3 comments:

paramedicgirl said...

I could only read the first few words of the neon pink, then I could read no further. This is not art; it is despicable - inspired by the devil. We have lost so much in the past century when we embraced modern art. The artists of teh past centuries really knew how to draw one's mind and heart to God by their inspired paintings.

Patricius said...

Poor Tracy seems to have had an unfortunate history- dis-functional family raped as a teenager (possibly by a family member) etc.. What is more bizarre is the art establishment that promotes this kind of work.

The Bones said...

Highly likely Patricius...The art world is probably full of crashing bores dressed up as eccentrics.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...