Wednesday 12 December 2012

Viva Il Papa!


Tweets All / No replies

By speaking with Jesus in prayer, listening to what he tells you in the Gospel and looking for him in those in need
How can we celebrate the Year of Faith better in our daily lives?
Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter. Thank you for your generous response. I bless all of you from my heart.
The first tweets from His Holiness. The Successor of St Peter is sending me messages. This is wonderful! Has anybody tweeted the Holy Father yet? What did you say? Thank you, Holy Father!

3 comments:

pelerin said...

Have just watched the Pope using the thingy to send the tweet via His Hermeneuticalness blog. He looked as baffled as I was when first confronting a computer! I could identify with his obvious nervousness about doing the right thing especially as he had to push the button in front of an audience. It took me a long time before I could be sure that it would not explode if I pressed the 'wrong' button.

I found Pope Benedict's vulnerability when confronted with modern technology very touching.

Lynda said...

I think it is a terrible idea. I hope people cannot respond to His Holiness - that would mean lots of evil verbal attacks. It is not a mode of communication fitting for serious matters much less for statements from Our Holy Father.

amaqula said...

I love the fact the Pope is on Twitter. The mainstream media distort and ignore him so much...it is great to have him on Twitter. And I can't believe he leaves the nasty comments and doesn't delete them. It's great.... like the light and the darkness.

Just wait till he tweets something controversial! This is giving him first hand access to the people of the world, and they to him...bypassing the malevolent and sly old media.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...