Thursday 19 January 2012

I Missed This...

I missed this lecture by Archibishop Vincent Nichols, hosted by The Tablet, in October last year. I found it on The Tablet's website.

I'd never seen or heard the Editor of the dissident organ before. Nice to be able to put a face to a name. The lecture itself is worth a listen, but is it right for such a dissenting magazine to be given this endorsement from England and Wales's highest ranking Bishop?

The lecture was called 'Holiness Today: The Formation of the Human Heart'.

4 comments:

Helena Hixberry-Botham said...

Popes Paul IV and Benedict (when Cardinals) both contributed to The Tablet so Archbish Nichols is in good company.

Ttony said...

Paul IV wrote for the Tablet?

Helena Hixberry-Botham said...

Paul IV as Cardinal Montini - yes he did. Also Evelyn Waugh and Graham Greene.

Sixupman said...

The Tablet at the time of Waugh and Greene was an entirely different animal.

There is a saying in Cumberland regarding objectionable couples: "they will not spoil two houses". I would venture the same regarding ++Nichols and The Tablet.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...