Wednesday 28 September 2011

Rosary Crusade of Reparation 2011



Do try and join the 27th Annual Rosary Crusade of Reparation taking place on Saturday 8th October 2011. I attended last year's Crusade and it was very prayerful as well as being a marvellous day.  Rather excitingly, this year's Crusade will be led by Mgr Keith Newton of the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham.  Much like the LMS Walking Pilgrimage to Walsingham, the intention is for the conversion of England and Wales.  The Rosary Crusade starts from Ambroseden Avenue outside Westminster Cathedral at 1.45pm and ends at the Brompton Oratory, where, last year at least, there were hymns, prayers to Our Lady and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament.

1 comment:

pelerin said...

Thanks for the reminder. Another procession is taking place in London this coming Saturday - a procession of the Blessed Sacrament - from Westminster Cathedral to Southwark Cathedral ending up with Benediction there.

I have seen no publicity about this one - I found the information on the Cathedral website. It is such a pity they are not more widely publicised. I was in the Cathedral yesterday and looked for a poster for either event but failed to find one. Finally I found a newsletter and the details are there in small print for the one next Saturday.

Coming out of the Cathedral I spotted an elderly nun (in full habit) in a wheelchair surrounded by an ever growing crowd. I recognised her as Sister Wendy Beckett - art critic and tv personality celebrated for her long series on Art some 20 years ago. She graciously took my hand and gave me her familiar shy smile. An unexpected and delightful moment to end a very pleasant day in London with some of my family.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...