I see from Gloria TV that the Bishop of Chur is undergoing a media witchhunt with support from 'liberal' forces within his own Diocese. A petition has been set up in order to support him. I admit that I don't know the 'ins' and 'outs' of this story, but I'll be signing this petition nonetheless...
At the moment, Swiss media are grinding an axe against the excellent Bishop Vitus Huonder of Chur. Some dissenting priests of his diocese – including a former director of the seminary and a former vicar general – together with some state sponsored church-tax administrators cry out for “effective steps” and a “focused campaign” against the bishop. Their aim is to make the bishop quit his position. But:
• Bishop Vitus Huonder holds a doctorate in Old Testament and a doctorate in liturgy. He has been for many years the vicar general of his present diocese.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder is a Catholic and faithful to the magisterium of the Church and faithful to the Pope.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder is a proponent of the Reform of the Reform, which is so close to the heart of Pope Benedict XVI.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder has faithfully implemented the motu proprio ‘Summorum Pontificum’ in his diocese and has himself celebrated on some occasions the Traditional Latin Mass.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder has defended seminarians who ask for a truly priestly formation in the Seminary.
• Bishop Vitus Huonder has welcomed a studio of Gloria.TV in his diocese. He has written a letter of support for Gloria.TV.
Gloria.TV calls on every Catholic of good will to sign a petition letter and to show support for this faithful bishop who, in this moment, is attacked by the wolves.
Sign the petition here.