Tuesday 7 December 2010

John Lennon's Anniversary

The BBC is doing a lot of John Lennon 30 years since his death anniversary stuff at the moment.

The John and Yoko bed-in would have been great if they'd prayed the Rosary and said, "We're not going to stop praying our Holy Rosaries until there is world peace. Our Lady, Queen of Peace, pray for us. Where were we? Ah yes, the Joyful Mysteries..."

The problem with the 'peace' movement of the 1960/70s was that even baptised Catholics like John Lennon thought they were "bigger than Jesus." What a silly thing to say! How on earth did he know how tall Our Blessed Lord was?

Still, who can blame him with the likes of Cardinal Annibale "I am the liturgical reform!" Bugnini around at the time.

Anyway, I should just 'Let it Be'.  Requiescat in pace.

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...