Tuesday 8 September 2009

The Offishal Pets of St Mary Magdalen's Church Offish



No, I'm not drunk, I'm just desperately reaching out for fish related puns. I've bought some fish (well, I will buy them) from the Car Boot Sale for my new place when I move in early October but for the time being they are based in the office. They are fantastic. For the time being they are based in the office of St Mary Magdalen's Church. There are six of them. They are all unique, semi-tropical and are called 'Unam', 'Sanctam', 'Catholicam', 'Et', 'Apostolicam', 'Ecclesiam'. 'Et' is the smallest one. I feed them once a day after Mass and they are lit underneath. The aerator makes a loud humming noise but I don't mind it if I am doing the books. I hadn't realised how much fun fish were until now. They seem very happy and spend most of the day just swimming around the tank. When they're not doing this I presume they are discussing theology and trying to remember what they were doing seven minutes ago. I don't know how often you are meant to clean them out and whether you need a 'filter' or not in the tank. Anyone who has any fishy advice can comment and give me their fish tips, would be highly appreciated.

There is fundraising potential with these fish as well, since you could pop a pirhana in and take bets on which one survives the longest. I don't think I could bring myself to do it, but I'm sure these fish would willingly lay down their lives for the Building Fund.

3 comments:

Classifieds said...

Blub blub.... what a nice fish. So there are six of them... can I have one too? Or are you going to buy all six? I would like to have ET, at least I would remember his name. ;)
Maybe I can find fishes like that somewhere online, on Ebay or on a free classifieds site?

The Bones said...

I'd find it hard parting with them! Are you local to Brighton. I don't know how you post fish.

Mulier Fortis said...

I think you'll find that "Et" is what the smallest fish will be, rather than what he will be called... that's if "Unam", "Sanctam", "Catholicam", "Apostolicam", and "Ecclesiam" have any say in the matter...

;-P

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...