Thursday 18 September 2008

Objective Moral Disorders



I've recently thought that Objective Moral Disorders would potentially be a good name for a punk band. I mean, Laurence England and the Objective Moral Disorders has potential as a band name. God knows, I've got a few!

However, I was thinking, that with regard to the gay community, one phrase the Church uses that really riles them is 'objective moral disorder' with regard to homosexuality. I don't mind the phrase myself because really all that means is that I am a sinner dependent on God's mercy. But, I think, that if you were an alien observing Earth (above is a picture of what an alien looks like), you would begin to wonder what on earth we are doing here.

Let's assume that the alien species in question did all they could to maintain life on their planet and ensure that the survival of the species was their raison d'etre. Then they observe us.

So calling back to Planet Zorg, alien says:

"This is Alfred calling Planet Zorg, over."
"Hearing you Alfred, what news?"
"Well this is a strange breed. The men are doing it with the men. What is the point of that? That will not create new life. This race are killing their young in the womb. Why are they killing their own? Why don't they want children? Do they want to destroy their own species? Even the ones who are married. They have a special pill to stop babies being born. Also, the men use rubber sheaths designed to stop babies being born, over."
"They must be on a suicide mission. Cheers for that, come back home, over."
"Err, okay, over."

The Church does understand the complexities of human nature and the myriad, objective moral disorders therein. However, objectively speaking, new life does not develop from homosexual partnerships, therefore, objectively speaking, homosexual partnerships are morally disordered.

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...