Thursday 29 December 2011

...or the van gets it!

I have one day to save my van. I can't afford the MOT repairs. It will cost £800 minimum to get the brakes sorted. I can't get a new tax disc without an MOT. The tax disc runs out on 31st December. I can't declare it SORN (off-road) because it is parked on a public highway and I have nowhere to park it.

George has said he might take it off my hands but he is currently unsure about taking it on. The organisations I have written to asking if they would like it have not replied, I guess due to the Christmas break. If George doesn't take it, and I don't have the money, then this beautiful van will die and be taken to a scrap heap. Sad, but true. I did receive one donation via paypal though I don't know how they found my account on paypal. If the kind person would like to come forward I will refund them by cheque for their kind donation of £50.

It looks like this van is going to the local Poor House, Emmaus in Portslade.

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Dear Laurence, I don't really know you but you seem like a kind and thoughful person. It's horrible that you're in this situation heading towards a New Year, especially when you have such compassion for others. If I had the money for your van I would give it to you without a doubt that that you would some day repay it. You are in my prayers that someone can help you out with this. God bless.

The Bones said...

Don't worry it looks like it is going to George.

Gigi said...

Then you mght be able to get it back one day? You're a good person Laurence; things will turn around for you.

Julie Gerraghty said...

It was foolish to buy it on the first place without thinking about how you will be able to fund and maintain it, really? Didn't you get the AA to do an inspection before buying it?

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...