Wednesday 21 December 2011

Christmas Van Appeal 2011

Well, I am quite sure that there are numerous, a veritable truckload of more worthy causes to which you can donate this year, but my van has failed its MOT and I cannot realistically afford to pay for the dramatic failure of its MOT on my wages.

I've been quoted that the repairs needed for the van to be fixed will be £1000. Obviously, I would consider selling the vehicle, and I certainly could do so, if there were someone who wanted to buy a very nice van which has failed its MOT then I'm certainly open to negotiation. Looking back, I'm not sure this purchase was a wise one. I'd consider donating it to some monastery or friary or something like that who had a mechanic in their orders who could make it roadworthy.

However, if there are readers who like my blog and would like to show appreciation for it this year, you can donate to the Christmas Van Appeal 2011 by sending a cheque for me to St Mary Magdalen Church, 55 Upper North Street, Brighton BN1 3FH. I'd give my own address but dead puppies in the post should be for life, not just for Christmas. Any contributions at all would be much appreciated just to take the edge of what could be a rather nasty hit to my already quite heavily indebted bank account. Like most beggars I feel bad asking because there are a million more causes more important than mine, but if you would like to help, you are more than welcome. In the meantime, does anyone know any Polish mechanics in Brighton? I hear they are more 'cost-effective'.

2 comments:

Pastor in Monte said...

Dear Bones,
Do you have a paypal account? It would really help, and people (including me) could easily slip you some money without finding cheque books, envelopes, stamps, pens, and post boxes.

The Bones said...

Thank you Father. I do have a paypal account but I do not really know how to use it. Neither do I trust Paypal.

I am seriously wondering whether I should just let the van go, or keep it off-road until I can afford to run it sometime in the future.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...